Sorry for the mini hiatus! With exams and spring break, I got kind of caught up in all of the stresses of my last college semester, and earned a couple greys because of it. But here I am again with some fun social media marketing information!
Today, we're back on my favorite outlet, Pinterest! And how to get some awesome results and get the most out of this social media outlet.
I stumbled upon this article titled, 5 Pinterst Tips fro Crazy-Good Results. This article had some great ideas on how to get great marketing results through Pinterest.
What I found most interesting was when the author, Susan Harrow, spoke about using the images to speak for your brand rather than a bunch of words to sell the product. She uses Home Depot as an example to prove this point. As most may know, Pinterest is known for Do-It-Yourself products, so of course Home Depot would want to work their way into this outlet. Now, instead of pasting their bright orange logo allover the site, the use real nice, professional, bright colored photos to grab your attention. This is super smart because once people like it and pin it onto their board, the more likely they are to go to Home Depot in search for the product to reproduce whatever picture they saw.
There a couple other tips in the article that relates to whatever you maybe trying to promote and grab attention towards.
I personally use Pinterest for my own pleasure, but it's good to know how to use it in a form of marketing for future jobs and to also be aware how companies are working even when you don't totally realize it. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment