Hi there!
Just as a little intro, I'm Khaeris, and currently enrolled in a Social Media Marketing course. This blog, while a requirement for my course, will consist of things that are current, or out of curiosity to me, in relation to social media and marketing of course.
Okay, so for those who know me, knows I am totally OBSESSED with Pinterest. As I take my Social Media Marketing class, I can't help to think of Pinterest and how exactly they work when it comes to making money and such. If I could get paid to pin, I totally would. Or to even get "Pinterest Famous" would be completely awesome! So with that, I naturally had to Google "Pinterest Profit". I ran into this article and video clip on CNN titled, "Pinterest's Joanne Bradford Talks Turning Pins Into Profits" In the article Joanne Bradford, Head of Pinterest Partnerships, spoke about what Pinterest does and how it can become a powerful marketing tool. In this article Bradford mentions how the company is working on making "promoted pins" as a form of advertising. She says,
"The thing is, Pinterest allows a brand to be who they are—it's not just about re-targeting. It's about being where (people) are doing those things, like planning a trip, redoing your house, rebuilding a motor cycle," she said. "We think we've got real intent and signal to help a marketer."
Although advertising is an important thing, I think Pinterest's view on it is more on focusing on how it will help people and influence their everyday lives, rather then just throwing stuff in randomly, which I find refreshing. In the article Bradford mentioned how her daughter saw Crock-Pot recipes on Pinterest that motivated her into buying one and using the recipes she found. I find myself in the same situation all the time, and as much as I hate to admit it, depending on the source of the idea, if the person who mentioned to project says a specific brand to use, I tend to buy it so I have a grater chance of it coming out properly. So far, I haven't seen many promoted pins on Pinterest yet, but I have a feeling it'll be a great tool for brands such as KitchenAid for baking and Crayola for arts and crafts. As long as they keep it relateable and not super thrown in your face, I see it being super beneficial for such companies.
Thanks for your blog. It looks great and your post is on the right track. Keep blogging and I look forward to reading more.
ReplyDelete